This week instead of doing an in-class activity, Michelle and I have been working on how to conduct a virtual activity. Michelle directed me to ThingLink, a fun tool that turns an image into an interactive piece of media.
How this activity will work:
- You have all been here for a half a semester now and are really getting to know the CI campus. Your task is to think of at least one experience you had on campus, whether that be a place where you met a good friend, somewhere you had a bad experience, a funny moment that happened on campus, or a place you may have already accomplished something.
- You will mark that campus location by adding a tag to the interactive image (map of campus). Then you will write a description of the memory or, if appropriate, link to a website or online image that shares more about that experience.
- Feel free to share as many experiences on on the image as you’d like.
To add a Tag to the image in the location of your experience:
- Hover your mouse over the image until 3 small gray boxes appear in the upper right hand corner of the image.
- Click on the pencil icon at the top (this is the Edit button).
- The image will open in a pop up window. You can click the + and – signs on the right to zoom in and out. As you look at the image, locate the place on campus where your experience occurred.
- Click on that location to add your tag to the image.
- On the left side of the window in the “Edit Tag” area, add details about your experience.
- In the “Text” box, write a description of the memories behind the location you tagged. Include your name so we know who posted each tag!
- If you have a link to an online image or video that relates to this experience, you may paste it into the “Link or image address” box at the top.
- You do not need to use any of the features labeled “upgrade to enable.”
6. When you are done editing your tag, click the green “Save Image” box in the lower right corner.
Next, please explore the tags on the map left by your fellow classmates. You may find a new spot on campus you did not know existed or may give you ideas of a similar experience you had on campus.
P.S. See if you can find the tags Jill, Michelle, and I have left. Have fun!